Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Colors: Well, I like South American bright colors-turquoise, amazon green, queens yellow, lime green, barn red, orange (I mean bright orange), hot pink, and lavender. These, I use for background colors. Then I paint flowers or whatever will pop with that color. I like to not paint in sequence or design; but, to mix it up a bit. My wonderful husband, Mickey, paints all my background color on buckets and washtubs. Plus he does the prep work: cleaning, sanding, and cutting the oil that is left from the galvanize process. Then he brings them into the studio and it is up to me to paint the design on. When I finish, he clears each piece with 3 coats of a marine sealant which we have found by trial and error. This particular sealant allows you to use any of my buckets and tubs with ice as drink coolers. There you have it---what my day is like. Have any ideas or suggestions, let me know. We also build and paint birdhouses. And hopefully soon I will have pictures of them. Once again Wimberley Market Days is always the first Saturday March through December. My booth # 284. Wimberley, Texas is in the Texas Hill Country where beauty abounds and the people are like family. Come see us.

No comments:

Post a Comment